Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hillview Sermon



On Sunday, August 22, I preached at my home church. I started attending Hillview United Methodist when I was one week old, and now they are sponsoring me for seminary. The pastor, Barbara, asked me to preach before I left for seminary. I wanted to give a sermon that provided a sense of who I was theologically and who I wanted to be as a minister. They recorded it, so I thought I'd share with you. It's funny to just listen to the audio, I feel like I sound very slow and flat, but I feel much more animated when I am up there, gesticulating and bouncing around. It's good to know where I need to improve though!

Just for reference, the verse for the week was: Revelations 21:1-2, 10, 22-25. And the song I refer to at the very beginning is "Up to the Mountain" by Patty Griffin. It's a gorgeous song. I've linked to it below, have a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment