Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Definitely not procrastinating

As I was reading Top 10 Ways for Local Churches to Support Candidates for Ordained Ministry (which, by the way, is a very unwieldy article title), I realized just how blessed I am.  My home church has been doing all of these things without being prodded. I feel constantly surrounded by their support, and I know that's not the norm.  And it's not even because my mom tells them to! So thanks, Hillview, for being a model church.

I think I'm pretty homesick right now, which is frankly quite surprising.  I'm stressed, had sad news about a friend back home, and am realized that I'm just very far away. I know it will all pass, and I AM still very excited to be here, but I'm in a day-long funk right now. I'm allowed one or two, as long as they don't drag on. I'm ready for my brother to get out of his lookout tower in Oregon and come back to the east coast.  This is the kind of week where I would demand his presence for lunch or coffee.

Ok, I'm going to dive back into "Methods in Old Testament Study" now.  It's exactly as exciting as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment