Monday, August 31, 2009

It Begins!

I have safely moved to Oregon! I wouldn't say I'm settled in my apartment, but I'm getting there. It feels good to be "home" again, I've missed my friends here a lot.

I started an internship with Sherwood United Methodist Church. They are an awesome group of people and so very brave to take on a student minister. I'll be preaching throughout the year and helping to plan worship, small groups, and whatever else they ask of me. It'll be so nice to work with Kirk again AND to have a chance to experience yet another side of church in action. My first sermon is actually on the 20th, and I'm meeting with our worship team to help plan the service on Wednesday. I love having the worship team meet weekly, it allows us to reflect on what needs changed, what works, and how the church can continue to grow. Plus, if I stick around, I get to listen to singing, which I love.

I start classes very soon. My first six week block of classes at NHTS are Greek and Church History. I'm not going to lie, I'm very nervous about Greek. I've never been awesome at languages. At least I already know the Greek alphabet! See, and everyone said being in a sorority wouldn't be useful.

I'm job hunting, which is a completely depressing process, but I have to just keep plugging away. While it would be nice if life was free, it turns out that's not so much true. It's one of those things that people keep saying will "work out." I'm sure they're right, but it doesn't make me stress less.

Leaving Idaho was hard, I miss my family, friends, and my youth group "kids" a lot, but I am just so ready to get it all started. Even the Greek.

No comments:

Post a Comment